Friday, January 2, 2009

A Small Country Town

The road to Perry is a long one, at least when you are traveling from North Carolina. We were headed to Mom's and the countryside always amazes me - fields, farms, just very picturesque to me. This is route 39 coming in to Perry. Just in ths picture there are two farms. While Perry does have a bookstore now, and a Subway, and let's remember the chinese restaurant, it's still very small town. (please note it had NONE of these during my childhood there and McDonalds is still in the next town over, and there is no Burger King, or Pizza Hut unless you travel to Geneseo)

I love this picture because you can see some o the patchwork fields in the distance - the hills and valley are just wonderful. While I am glad I live in the south, I don't mind visiting during the snowy winters.....it can be beautiful....

3 comments:

  1. Every time I travel home I am reminded of how beautiful it is in the east. I fall in love again every time I go back. BIG rolling hills, fields, hedgerows, woods (not forests), farms, fields and a never ending plethora of GREEN! So different from the west. "The west is the best, get here and we'll do the rest," but the east will always be the beginning for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg my eyes filled up with tears to see this road. i forget how much i miss it, how many times i've taken that road, "on my way home".

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't it such a great picture. I never realize how much i miss it until i'm driving back

    ReplyDelete