Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sledding for the FIRST TIME

We had the chance on Christmas eve to go sledding in Rochester. It was a great day for it - it had warmed up in the mid 40's. My kind of weather. Randy and I even got in on it. I was just glad I had the camera - so the only shot of us is safely at the bottom of the hill.....
It took Delaney a few trips down with me and a few with Dad before she warmed up to the idea of sledding on her own. She was a trooer though, and had a great time - the only part that was tough was walking back UP the hill.

Gabriel, he was in heaven. I finally had to ask though why he kept making himself wipe out, rather than enjoy the ride down the hill (he'd grab one side and lean so he'd tip over). Well, he's not so dumb. He figured out after one trip down that once there, you had to WALK all the way back up, and the walking was not fun, so he'd tip himself over about halfway down. Being a boy, he got the best of both - sledding and wiping out. Kids, gotta love em.



This is my neice Ashley who just turned 13 on Monday. She had a great time too and I have a great picture of one of her wipe outs that I'll have to post. I"m sure she'll love me for it.
All in all it was a great time. Three of the 5 cars at this hill sledding were from the south. I thought that was funny. I'm glad we did get our days to play in the snow since by Christmas day it was warm and raining again.......


No comments:

Post a Comment