Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gloomy Wednesday


It's a gloomy Wednesday and while I continue to remind myself that we need rain (drought conditions), it doesn't really help the fact that I would prefer to see the sun. My dad and stepmother arrived late Sunday, and I haven't gotten my camera out yet. They jumped right into Grandparent duties, picking Gabriel up from school and then going to get Delaney early also. They were tested their first time out also - Delaney didn't make it to the restroom in time. The good news is they were in Wal-Mart - so a trip to the clothing section eased that situation. They picked them up yesterday and plan to today also. A person could get used to this- not having to pick up kids, rush home, work on dinner....just go home! (Nancy has been helping with dinner, she made a yummy sweet potato dish last night to go with my crockpot chicken.) I hope to get us to Lazy 5 on Friday - Nancy hasnt' been there and we want to see the new exhibits that they have opened (Kangaroos, chicken coop, aviary).


On the turtle watch, I dodges some raindrops last night to fill my bird feeders and check the status of the "nest" and I didn't notice any movement in the dirt.


It's good I decided to write this - while outside last night - I turned the hose on for my pond- i had moved the waterfall hose and it was leaking outside of the pond - so it lost water - so I turned on the water, and hey, just remembered that fact 17 hours later. AHH Usually our well filter gets clogged and we wake up without water when I do this (YES, i have done this more than once). Thankfully Dad and Nancy are at home and Dad is going to go turn it off......SHEESH.

No comments:

Post a Comment