Friday, September 26, 2008

Painting Pottery




We'll try this again - the program crashed before I saved my typing the first time.


It's been another gloomy day in North Carolina. Thanks to the gas crisis here and all my bosses being on a company trip to Destin Florida (part of the trip includes designing and building a boat and rowing it 150 feet - our Raleigh team is "Escape from Alcatraz" complete with orange jumpsuits and handcuffs.) I got to have today off. After a few quiet hours at home - I picked up Gabriel and Delaney and we headed to Meg Art. I am proud of myself, since the compulsive obsessive anal-retentive part of me ( i like to call it CORD for short) demands perfection, it's hard to sit back while Delaney slathers color after color onto the item. (one of the reasons I can't do playdoh with kids - I can't mix colors, drives me crazy). But, while on the inside I was cringing, I let her slather away, and figured we'd love it no matter what. I admit the trip to Meg Art was part of my strategic plan since Randy has been away on a business trip - keep myself and the kids occupied.


Well, let's hope the post saves this time. I hope all is well out there. Feel free to leave a comment - or follow my blog so I know I'm not just talking to myself - of course, I do that too.


No baby turtles yet on the turtle watch. 90 days is october 5th, so it's coming up fast. I hope they do hatch.
The pictures have nothing to do with today - and were taken back in May - the baby horse Walter that we fell in love with and his mom Gorgeous, and the kids with Shadow and Delaney with Roxy. They love the horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment