Friday, September 12, 2008

Turtle Watch


Well, we are officially on Turtle Watch. Back around the Fourth of July, an Eastern Box Turtle (or so we think) dug a hole and was laying eggs when I discovered her in our backyard. She finished, covered them back up and moseyed on her way. We have protected the area, and after looking up information on turtle eggs, we estimated 70-90 days, so that puts us from September 15th - October 5th for baby turtles. I've never had this opportunity - so i hope we at least get to see a baby turtle or two. They are only a foot or so away from my Goldfish pond and shrubs for cover.


It's also finally Friday and is as gloomy as it has been all week. Gabriel is supposed to have a soccer game at 8 pm tonight, which i hope they cancel, since he also has a game at 9 am tomorrow. Who does the scheduling for 6 year olds anyway? by the time we get home tonight it will be at least 10 and then we have to get up and be in Statesville (20 minutes away) by 8:30. This will make for a very tired and grumpy Gabriel. So, even though I'm tired of the GLOOM, I will pray for rain for one more day, and hope one of two games is cancelled.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you have a blog! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I told you it would be great! I'm bookmarking it so I can keep up with everything. I really want to know when those turtles are born.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete