Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Head
















We decided to paint pumpkins this year instead of carve. I figured this was a way to actually get the kids involved. Every year for the past six years, we buy pumpkins, then Mom and Dad end up scooping out pumpkin guts and carving while the kid(s) lose interest and leave for better things to do. It was perfect timing that I decided to make sure we had paint for the pumpkins right after dinner on my birthday. I go digging up in Gabriel's closet - since that's where we store items we don't want the kids to have free access to. It didn't dawn on me until it FELL on me that the gift bag perched percariously up there on the same shelf as the paint, was my birthday present. Good thing for me that it was the soft blanket Delaney wanted to get me. I just had to laugh, and admit the whole situation to Randy. The second bag did not fall, and I was good and didn't peak. Needless to say he may need to find a new hiding spot for any Christmas presents. Back to the pumpkins - the kids had a good time painting, and mom too. Delaney, in Delaney fashion had paint EVERYWHERE. I made sure to sit on the other side of the table which stops me from trying to make her pumpkin in anyway more perfect than she could do herself. (it's the compulsive obsessive in me). Go ahead and see if you can guess who painted which pumpkin. I hope you enjoy the pics. I hope to get some good pictures of the pirate and tinkerbell tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment